Frogans is a new medium for publishing content and services on the Internet.
Compared to the World Wide Web, the new medium is intended to suggest publishing content and services which involve:
- Visual rather than text-based communication
- Focused content rather than long pages
- Natural interaction rather than complex user interfaces
Frogans as a medium is meant for publishing Frogans sites. A Frogans site is a new kind of online site founded on a new format.
Frogans sites are browsed using the free-of-charge Frogans Player software. They are rendered identically on all end-user devices, right down to the pixel level, and regardless of the screen size
Each Frogans site is accessible via its Frogans address. A Frogans address is an international identifier using a short and simple pattern built around the asterisk: Network-name*Site-name
A Frogans site is made up of free-form pages called Frogans slides which are interconnected. Frogans slides are created and published using an XML-based markup language called the Frogans Slide Description Language (FSDL), defined in the FSDL technical specification.
- FSDL is not a programming language but a description language
- FSDL makes it possible to define all end-user interactivity of a Frogans slide using simple descriptors, without using scripts
For a general understanding of the technology making up the new medium, see the Frogans Technology Overview
The Frogans technology is released in the form of an open standard, available to all free of charge. It is developed by the OP3FT, a non-profit standards developing organization whose purpose is to hold, promote, protect and ensure the progress of the Frogans technology. To find out more about the OP3FT: op3ft.org
If you want additional resources available on this Web site:
If you want more information on the Frogans technology:
- To find out more about the OP3FT: op3ft.org
- To subscribe to Frogans technology mailing lists or to consult archives: lists.frogans.org
- To watch the Frogans Technology Conferences: conference.frogans.org
- To understand the role of the .frogans TLD: nic.frogans
- To register Frogans addresses or Frogans networks: fcr.frogans
Last update: October 22, 2018.
©2012-2018 OP3FT - Legal information